These fritters are definitely for people who are fond of spicy food. The heat from the fresh green chilies hits you right on the palate combined with the sweetness coming from the corn kernels and onions along with the mellow flavor of mozzarella cheese. They all blend really well with each other resulting into an amazing recipe!
I had some leftover rice sitting in my refrigerator for quite a while, so I thought of using it to make some new recipe. My taste buds called out for something crispy and spicy. I just combined some ingredients ready on hand and came up with these fritters. It is really easy to prepare and very less preparation involved. Relish them with your favorite dips.
SWEET CORN AND CHEESE CHILI FRITTERS
These fritters combine heat from the fresh green chilies with the sweetness of corn kernels and onions along with the mellow flavor of mozzarella cheese.
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 2 finely chopped fresh green chilies
- 2 small finely chopped red onions
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Seasoning (red chili flakes, freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp rice bran oil or olive oil
- Bread crumbs for coating (Blitz 2-3 bread slices in a mixer grinder)
- Take all of the above ingredients except oil and bread crumbs and combine well.
- Divide into 12 portions, shape them up and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and brown fritters on each side on a low flame. It will take about 5 minutes on each side.
Serve them with your favorite dip.
They tasted really good in the form of wraps. Just spread your favorite fresh veggies, fritters and sour cream dip. Delicious! :p
To prepare sour cream take fresh cream, add chili sauce, dash of lemon juice, black pepper powder and a pinch of salt. mix well.