It’s Christmas time, which means the best time of the year has arrived 😀 and Christmas would be incomplete without food and sweets. I really wanted to share a nice recipe with you all which would be easy to prepare and suitable for this holiday season as well. My friends and I wanted to make something with avocados. We could have easily gone with our good old Guacamole, instead we decided to make these easy cheesy toasts which I am really excited to share with all my readers over here. Hope you all give it a try and enjoy it as much as we did.
This recipe does not require any specific quantity of ingredients. We were able to use 1 big avocado for 6 slices. Feel free to make your own variations by adding mushroom, bell-pepper, broccoli, etc.
This is what you’ll need :-
1 big piece avocado
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Oregano for seasoning (optional)
Grated Processed Cheese (I used Britannia)
- Cut avocado into fine slices
- Spread butter and sprinkle some chopped garlic. Butter will make the toasts nice and crispy.
- Place your avocado slices neatly and sprinkle salt to taste
- Top it up with grated cheese. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and oregano seasoning.
- Place your slices on the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 7-10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Serve it with your favorite sauce. We had it with sriracha sauce. It goes really well with the toasts. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to All! 🙂
Hello to all my lovely readers! 🙂
It has been a while since I’ve posted anything on my blog. Reason being, I have been involved in a lot of travelling since the past two months. I stayed for about a month and a half in Sydney, and also got a chance to visit the calm and serene capital of Australia- Canberra. Apart from all the crazy fun I had during my stay in Australia, it has also been a great learning experience for me. My visit to Australia is definitely going to be one of the most memorable trips of my life. A visit to this place should be on top of everybody’s bucket list. I really can’t describe it in words how lovely the country is. There is something out there for everyone and nobody really can get bored at all. One has to see it to believe it.
A nice quote I came across inside the Opera House
My coastal walk from Bondi to Bronte beach. Simply amazing!
One of the most exciting things I did in Sydney! Jumping from 14000ft. Still want to go for it again! 😉
Coming to my cooking, I really missed posting recipes on my blog. It is always nice to have close friends around you helping out in the kitchen. It just doubles the fun! A few pictures are clicked by my friend and a little help from her as well. The cutlets I have made here contain fresh carrots and broccoli along with potatoes and are toasted on a non-stick pan making them a completely healthy snack to munch on! The sandwich is easy to make and you can modify the veggies according to your taste.
This is what you will need:
3 Long Rolls (Use any other bread of your choice)
4 Boiled Potatoes
1 medium-sized red onion finely chopped
2 green chilies finely chopped (can be adjusted)
1 tsp finely chopped Ginger
1 small sized finely chopped carrot
½ of broccoli cut in small pieces
4-5 pieces cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
A few sprigs of chopped parsley
For the cheese sauce- cheddar cheese, milk, salt, pepper and red chili sauce (qty. can be adjusted)
Salt to taste
- Add all of the above ingredients for the cutlets and mix well.
- Form shapes; drizzle some olive oil and lightly toast them on both sides on a non-stick pan.
- To make the cheese sauce, add cheddar cheese, milk, salt, pepper and red chili sauce in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds and combine until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Assemble the sandwich by adding your favorite veggies and sauce along with the cutlets.
- Grill them for two minutes and relish them right away.
Happy Weekend 🙂
These fritters are definitely for people who are fond of spicy food. The heat from the fresh green chilies hits you right on the palate combined with the sweetness coming from the corn kernels and onions along with the mellow flavor of mozzarella cheese. They all blend really well with each other resulting into an amazing recipe!
I had some leftover rice sitting in my refrigerator for quite a while, so I thought of using it to make some new recipe. My taste buds called out for something crispy and spicy. I just combined some ingredients ready on hand and came up with these fritters. It is really easy to prepare and very less preparation involved. Relish them with your favorite dips.
This is what you will need:
Ingredients (Makes 12 fritters Preparation Time: 5-7 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes)
1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup boiled rice
2 finely chopped fresh green chilies
2 small finely chopped red onions
2 tbsp fresh cream
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp lemon juice
Seasoning (red chili flakes, freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste)
1-2 tbsp rice bran/ olive oil
Bread crumbs for coating (Blitz 2-3 bread slices in a mixer grinder)
- Take all of the above ingredients except oil and bread crumbs and combine well.
- Divide into 12 portions, shape them up and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and brown fritters on each side on a low flame. It will take about 5 minutes on each side.
Serve them with your favorite dip.
They tasted really good in the form of wraps. Just spread your favorite fresh veggies, fritters and sour cream dip. Delicious! :p
Note: To prepare sour cream take fresh cream, add chili sauce, dash of lemon juice, black pepper powder and a pinch of salt. mix well.
This again is a very quick and easy recipe to prepare. Fried potatoes give it a much more different taste along with sauteed spinach and gooey mozzarella cheese and cream. All ingredients blend really well with each other and barely requires any cooking time. It is a perfect breakfast delight. Feel free to adjust the quantity of the ingredients as per your liking.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
4 slices of bread
1 cup spinach cut in thin strips
1 cup diced potatoes ( I have used frozen ones here)
1 finely chopped green chili
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
¾ cup fresh cooking cream
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp olive oil and Oil for frying potatoes
- Thaw frozen potatoes and fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté spinach for a minute or two.
- Add fried potatoes, grated mozzarella cheese, cooking cream and give it a mix.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and red chili flakes.
- Place the topping on your toasted slices and serve.
When I think of a juicy grilled sandwich, all it reminds me of is Ross’ moist maker sandwich in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 😉 I am sure, Friends lovers would know which episode I’m talking about. A perfect grilled sandwich should be easy to gulp down and each bite should be bursting with flavor.
Over here, caramelized onions are the essence of this sandwich. They give a perfectly smoked and intense flavor. They blend in really well with the cheese and the veggies and the sandwich tastes just yum!
2 medium-sized onions cut in julienne
1 tbsp butter
Filling of your choice (I used cottage cheese, onions and green chili)
Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Caramelizing Onions- Add butter in a heated non-stick pan and add in your onions. Leave them on a medium-low flame for 15 minutes giving it a mix at regular intervals, making sure you don’t end up burning them. Sprinkle a little water if you feel they might burn. It will take more time for more onions. Some people also like to add a little sugar during the process.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling of your choice. I sautéed onions, green chili and cottage cheese cubes in a non-stick pan with a trickle of olive oil and seasoned it with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Assemble your sandwich by adding cheese slices, filling and caramelized onions. Leave it open if you wish to or make a closed one like I did here. Place it on your heated griddle pan.
- I had them with baked potato wedges and cucumber. Have this gooey grilled sandwich with a chilled shake. Just an icing on the cake! 😉