This recipe here is super quick and easy to prepare. Perfect for a lazy day, when you’re not in the mood to do much prep for your mid-day meal or supper. Pasta is that one ingredient that always saves you from all the labor you would have to go through otherwise. In addition to this, when you’re looking for a tangy flavor and maybe think preparing the sauce will consume more time, I feel baked beans are a perfect substitute for that.
All you have to do is add in your basic veggies along with pasta and baked beans. Yes, that simple! I’ve used a microwave instead of an oven to melt the cheese as it’s quicker and I wasn’t looking for any brown coating on the cheese. You can always mix in the cheese beforehand to make a cheesy pasta. I prefer it this way. Feel free to adjust the quantity as per your taste.
This is what you’ll need:-
Pasta with Baked Beans and Cheese
- 1 ½ cups raw pasta
- 1 tin Baked Beans (I’ve used Heinz – Qty. 415g)
- 1 medium-sized chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped green capsicum
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Add raw pasta to boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook for 7-8 minutes or as per packet instructions. Drain the pasta and keep aside. Save 1/2 a cup of pasta water for later.
2. Heat oil in a shallow pan. Keep the flame on medium-high.
3. Add in garlic and green chillies. Sauté for a minute or two and add in the chopped onions. Sauté until translucent.
4. Next, add in the baked beans along with the pasta water we had kept aside and mix well.
5. I also added a tbsp of tomato ketchup for a slightly more tang.
6. Add in the cooked pasta and green capsicum. Give it a good mix.
7. Season it with salt and black pepper. Give it a quick taste and turn the flame off.
8. Transfer the pasta to your serving bowl/bowls and top it with grated cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese melts.
9. Serve hot.
I’m listing a few more quick and easy recipes you might like:-