Fruits are healthy, light on the tummy and flavorsome. There’s no two ways about it. Keeping this in mind, I’m sharing a fruit salad recipe I made, which is refreshing, citrusy and imparts hints of sweet cinnamon notes combined with fresh juicy oranges.
Feel free to use other locally available fruits like strawberries, melon, bananas, berries, etc. Roasted nuts like chopped walnuts and almonds would give a nice crunch to the salad too. As I always say, all you have to do is follow your taste buds and create your own version of a fresh salad bowl. 😀
This is what you’ll need:-
Fresh Fruit Salad with Reduced Orange Cinnamon Dressing
- Fresh Fruits – I’ve used apples, grapes, pineapple and pomegranate For the dressing
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (approx. 5 oranges)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 an inch of fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 1/2 an inch of cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
To prepare Orange Dressing – 1. Take a heavy bottom saucepan, preferably non-stick and add freshly squeezed orange juice to it. Add in powdered sugar, ginger and cinnamon stick. Heat the juice on a low flame stirring it at regular intervals. Add lemon juice when nearly done. You should be left with half a cup of concentrated cinnamon flavored orange juice.
2. Pass the reduced orange juice through a sieve and keep aside to cool. Feel free to add the pulp to the salad or consume as it is.
3. Cut fruits in bite-sized pieces and in the dressing. Toss well.
4. Serve Chilled.