Sandwiches are a perfect delight to prepare. All you need is a sandwich spread and a few ingredients on hand along with your favorite bread. The only thing to keep in mind is that your sandwiches need to be moist. Every bite should be speak FLAVOR. Sandwiches are also prepared in different styles. It all depends on the kind of mood you’re in. Some are best consumed when messy like a cheesy grilled, some of them are toasted and can be relished like an open toast or a closed style, and then you have cold sandwiches, perfect for a picnic or with your afternoon tea.
Filling for finger sandwiches should be cut into fine pieces, and there needs to be at least one ingredient which holds the filling together for easy consumption. I prefer subtle and balanced flavors in my cold sandwiches, hence I’ve used only salt/pepper for seasoning. Feel free to add in a bit of spice, freshly available herbs or pungent ingredients to your filling.
This is what you’ll need:-
Cottage Cheese Finger Sandwiches
- 6 slices of bread
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese finely diced
- 1 medium-sized onion finely diced
- 1 medium-sized capsicum finely diced
- A few sprigs of coriander finely chopped
- 2 cheese cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic butter
1. Grate the cheese cubes and keep aside.
2. Combine cottage cheese/paneer, onions, capsicum, coriander. Add in the cheese. Cheese helps to hold the filling together. Give it a taste. Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
3. For the spread, add in tomato ketchup and garlic butter to a small bowl and mix well until well combined. Microwave for 10 seconds for a nice sheen.
3. Spread the butter on one slice and the spread on the other. Place the filling and sandwich them together.
4. Trim the corners. Cut them into bite-sized pieces and serve cold. Cover in cling film and refrigerate if prepared ahead of time.
I am listing a few more sandwich recipes you might enjoy.
Happy Eating 🙂