In continuation with my previous post Finger Sandwiches with Cottage Cheese/Paneer Filling, here’s another simple tea sandwich recipe which is light on the palate and healthy as well. I’ve used homemade cream cheese made with freshly curdled milk. It’s super easy to make. Do give it a try, you’ll be surprised as to how easy it is to have your own cream cheese where you can control the amount of seasoning and fat that goes into it.
I added salt to my cream cheese beforehand. Feel free to add fresh herbs like parsley, etc. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
This is what you’ll need:-
Tea Sandwiches with Cucumber, Carrots and Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 slices of bread
- 3/4 cup cream cheese (link available below)
- 1 grated cucumber
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix carrots, cucumber, salt and black pepper along with the cream cheese until well combined. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
2. Spread butter on your bread slices and place the filling evenly. Sandwich them together.
3. Trim the corners and cut the sandwich into two halves or bite-sized pieces.
4. Serve cold. Cover in cling film and refrigerate if prepared ahead of time.
Here’s a link to my Homemade Cream Cheese recipe.