14th February – A day to celebrate love; also coincides with my mother’s birthday. Definitely, there was going to be a cake. I only had to decide which flavor it was going to be. Surfing through my kitchen, I stumbled upon ginger flavored honey. And there— I was ready to give it a try.
The cake turned out moist. Flavor of ginger was coming right through, combined with the natural sweetness from the honey. I did not add any sugar in this recipe, so I believe that cut down a few calories—thereby, making it healthier. 🙂 In this recipe I have used store bought Ginger Honey. If you want to use fresh ginger honey, go ahead! In case, you’re wondering how to make it? You can go here. There is an easy to follow method on this lovely blog accompanied by beautiful pictures.
Ready to spread some baking love? 😉
This is what you will need:
¾ cup plain flour
¼ cup milk powder
A little less than ½ cup ginger flavor honey
1 cup unsalted butter/fresh cream
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch baking soda
¼ cup milk
½ tsp pineapple essence
- Grease your baking tin and keep aside. Turn on oven at 150 degree centigrade.
- Dry Ingredients– Combine plain four, milk powder, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk unsalted butter/fresh cream, ginger honey and pineapple essence together.
- Add your dry ingredients to the honey ginger mixture little by little. Keep adding milk and form a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into your greased tin and place it into your pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes with a toothpick.
Took a little help for the writing bit from my elder sister. I admit, I need a little practice to write better on cakes 😉
Enjoy this naturally sweet cake with a hot cup of tea! 🙂