Sometimes you wish for something and you get something else in return totally unexpected. That is how unpredictable life is. I believe food and life are very similar to each other. You can make anything out of it. Be it a complete mess or something nice and beautiful! Something worth tasting. 🙂 Usually, you need a particular sauce to go with your plain boiled pasta. But, what if you don’t want to make any? No worries, this pasta I’ve made here doesn’t require you to make any kind of sauce and is quick and easy to prepare. Oh! And of course, delicious too. No compromising on taste. Feel free to use your own choice of vegetables.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
250 ml milk
1 medium-sized onion (julienne)
3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
2 cubes processed cheese
¼ chopped capsicum
½ carrot cut in small cubes
1 bowl of Button Mushrooms
½ cup of cottage cheese cut in cubes
1 finely chopped green chilli
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt to taste
Freshly ground Black pepper
- Add pasta to a pot of boiling water. Add salt and a tsp of Olive oil. Let it cook al dente.
- Heat Olive oil in a seperate pan. Add garlic and green chilies. Saute for a minute or two on a high flame.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt
- Next, add cottage cheese, carrots, mushrooms and any other veggies of your choice except capsicum. Let them cook on a medium flame. Add cheese cubes cut in small pieces (so that they melt easily).
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Add pasta and capsicum. Mix well. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and hog onto it with buttered garlic bread! Slurp :p
Happy cooking! 🙂
This again is a very quick and easy recipe to prepare. Fried potatoes give it a much more different taste along with sauteed spinach and gooey mozzarella cheese and cream. All ingredients blend really well with each other and barely requires any cooking time. It is a perfect breakfast delight. Feel free to adjust the quantity of the ingredients as per your liking.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
4 slices of bread
1 cup spinach cut in thin strips
1 cup diced potatoes ( I have used frozen ones here)
1 finely chopped green chili
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
¾ cup fresh cooking cream
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp olive oil and Oil for frying potatoes
- Thaw frozen potatoes and fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté spinach for a minute or two.
- Add fried potatoes, grated mozzarella cheese, cooking cream and give it a mix.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and red chili flakes.
- Place the topping on your toasted slices and serve.
A sandwich is so versatile a food, that it cannot really have a fixed recipe. You can top a slice of bread with plain butter and it would count as a meal for breakfast. This is probably one of the reasons why I personally love bread so much. I can relish it at anytime of the day. It is my first sandwich post and I have made an attempt to prepare a picture recipe this time. Hence, I have made a very basic CHEESE (hmmm so, here is the little gooey secret 😉 ) sandwich. So, do pour in your thoughts. That way it will encourage me to improve on it and make better picture recipes. 🙂 So here goes:
A loaf of bread
Freshly Ground Pepper
Salt to taste
I also had some leftover jeera (cumin seeds) rice. I put that into the previous mixture. It turned out quite well.
I hope you guys have fun making it and of course, digging into it. :p