This again is a very quick and easy recipe to prepare. Fried potatoes give it a much more different taste along with sauteed spinach and gooey mozzarella cheese and cream. All ingredients blend really well with each other and barely requires any cooking time. It is a perfect breakfast delight. Feel free to adjust the quantity of the ingredients as per your liking.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
4 slices of bread
1 cup spinach cut in thin strips
1 cup diced potatoes ( I have used frozen ones here)
1 finely chopped green chili
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
¾ cup fresh cooking cream
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp olive oil and Oil for frying potatoes
- Thaw frozen potatoes and fry in hot oil. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté spinach for a minute or two.
- Add fried potatoes, grated mozzarella cheese, cooking cream and give it a mix.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and red chili flakes.
- Place the topping on your toasted slices and serve.
Eating lentils (dal) everyday can get really monotonous and boring food in the Indian household, especially with children. It is very difficult to make them eat healthy foods. That is when imagination comes in. These savory bites are completely a different form of your regular dal. They are super soft, easy to make and completely hassle-free. Kids are definitely going to ask for more.
For vegetarians, lentils are the greatest source of proteins, dietary fiber, iron and minerals. So, without doubt these bites are completely nutritious. Add in your favorite vegetables in place of corn like grated carrots, green beans, bell-peppers, cheese etc. and create your own variations.
Ingredients (Makes 12)
1 1/2 cup yellow lentils(moong dal) (wash and soak overnight)
1 cup boiled corn kernels (Coarsely crushed in a mixer grinder)
2 tbsp fresh cream (use butter if you like)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch baking soda (Soda Bicarbonate)
2 tsp ginger and green chili paste (2 green chillies, 1 inch ginger)
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing
- Grease baking tray and keep aside. Pre-heat oven at 180 degree centigrade.
- Add yellow lentils in a mixer grinder and blitz to form a smooth paste.
- In a bowl add in your lentil paste, ginger green chili paste, red chili powder, fresh cream/butter, olive oil, boiled and crushed corn kernels, turmeric powder, salt to taste and 1/4 cup water.
- Add baking powder and soda bicarbonate. Squeeze a drop of lemon juice on soda bicarbonate for it to activate. Mix well.
- Pour batter in your greased tin and bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degree centigrade. (Time may vary). Check with the help of a toothpick.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and scrape the sides with help of a knife and unmould.
Serve it up with tomato onion chunky chutney or any dip of your choice.
Note: If you don’t want to bake, have it in the form of crepes or spread the batter on a piece of bread slice and cook it on a non-stick pan.