Since the past one week, it has been raining here almost everyday. The cool and breezy atmosphere instantly demands you to have a good cup of hot drink along with delicious nibbles. These muffins make an excellent pair with nice strong coffee. The orangey soft centre combined with the intense flavors of chocolate and vanilla just makes the whole experience so satisfying and for that moment it just makes you want nothing more!
You can make many variations with the same recipe. If you want, just avoid the cocoa powder and make plain vanilla bean cupcakes; or add cocoa powder with a little milk to the whole batter and make chocolate ones. Add chocolate chips for a little extra crunch. Change the flavor of the chocolate used for ganache. The store I bought the chocolate from also sold strawberry, mango, milk, dark and white chocolate. Imagine the kind of variations you can come up with if you actually give it a thought. Do give it a try, they are sure to bring a smile to your face. 🙂
Ingredients (Makes: 6 Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes)
For Eggless Cake Mix
1 cup plain flour
1 cup fresh cream
¾ cup condensed milk
½ cup milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste/vanilla essence
1 pinch soda bicarbonate
50 gm cooking chocolate (I have used orange compound chocolate here)
25 ml cooking cream
- Ganache Preparation – For ganache to be able to set, it requires a proportion of 2 parts chocolate: 1 part cream. I used 100 gm: 50ml. Although, for this recipe 50gm:25ml is more than enough, as I was left with some unused ganache.
- Add chocolate and cream in a bowl. Place it on a double boiler and combine until it melts. You will end up with a glossy looking, silky smooth ganache. (You can even pour hot cream over the chocolate and mix until well combined)
- Place it in the refrigerator to set. I put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree Celsius. Grease your muffin tray and keep aside.
- Combine plain flour, baking soda and soda bicarbonate in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl combine condensed milk, vanilla bean paste and fresh cream.
- Add flour mixture to the wet vanilla bean batter and mix. The texture should be a little thick for the ganache to sit on.
- Add 1 spoon each into your muffin moulds. Keep aside.
- Next, add cocoa powder to the leftover batter along with half a cup of milk.
- Place a tsp of set ganache in the centre and pour the chocolate cake mix batter on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree centigrade. (Time may vary a little). After they are baked, let them rest for 5-10 minutes and then remove. See how nicely they’ve risen.
Happy Weekend! 🙂