This recipe is really healthy and has very subtle flavors. It can be had with any Indian gravy or on its own as well. Freshly ground black pepper gives this rice a really nice punch. If you like, you can add more spices and veggies to it. Adding curd to the rice gives it a very mild flavor.
This is what you will need:
100 gm Cottage Cheese/Paneer
200 gm Curd
2 cups Boiled Rice
1 medium-sized red onion cut in julienne
½ cup green peas (I have used frozen here)
5-6 cloves of garlic
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 finely chopped green chili
Few sprigs of fresh coriander
1tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp red chili powder
2-3 tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
2 tsp refined oil
1 pinch asafetida
Salt to taste
- Add cottage cheese to the curd mixture and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, green chili and ginger. Saute until it releases its flavor.
- Add onions and saute until transparent. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Next, add green peas and cottage cheese we had kept aside. Make sure the heat in the pan is not too much. As soon as u add in the curd, give it a stir for a minute or two.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes on a medium flame. You will know it is done when oil comes on top.
- Add coriander and give it a taste.
- In the end add boiled rice to it and mix well.