There are times when I like to change things up in the kitchen while cooking dry vegetables. I prefer leaving out spices like turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, etc. and simply stick to salt and freshly ground black pepper only. I also like to give the vegetables a charred flavor by adding only a dash of water and not tossing them too much.
For this recipe, feel free to add any veggies to your liking or swap any with the ones I’ve used below. I prefer to use a non-stick pan for cooking the vegetables as the recipe doesn’t require as much water and needs to be left to cook without being tossed a lot.
Here’s what you’ll need:-
Mixed Vegetables Tossed in Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup cabbage cut in strips
- 1 cup diced capsicum
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- A few sprigs of finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan and add in diced potatoes on a medium-high flame. Crisp them up for 5 minutes tossing them at regular intervals.
2. Add in the carrots. Toss well. Add a splash of water, put the lid on and cook on a medium-low flame until slightly softened up.
3. Next, add in cabbage, salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well and cover for approximately 3-5 minutes.
4. When the cabbage wilts and reduces to half the size, add in the capsicum and give it a quick toss for a minute or 2.
5. Serve hot.
Happy cooking 🙂