These muffins are super moist and not at all heavy on the palate. If you’re fond of peanut butter, you definitely want to try this recipe. It’s hassle-free and once you have all your ingredients in place, it’s a cakewalk 😉
Feel free to add in unsalted peanuts for that crunch or use chunky peanut butter in place of the smooth one. If you’re looking to top it up with some icing, they taste great with mixed fruit jam sauce (it is just thinned down jam with water). Explore more such homemade recipes under my Cakes and Desserts category.
Here’s what you’ll need:-
Moist Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch baking soda
3/4 cup refined sugar
3/4 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk at room temperature (add more to adjust the consistency of the batter)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 mins.
2. In the meantime, combine the dry ingredients – Plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and keep aside.
3. In another bowl take fresh cream, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla essence. Whisk until well combined and smooth in texture.
4. Add in your dry ingredients to the wet mix in batches along with milk. Combine well. The batter is neither too thick nor too thin.
5. Place individual paper cups in the muffin tray and drop in 2 spoonfuls of the batter in each section. Add a little peanut butter on top (optional)
6. Bake for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees Celsius. Insert a toothpick or a knife to see if they’re done.
7. Serve warm or wait for them to cool down and dress them up with your favorite icing.
Here are a few more recipes you might like