Green Apples bring back many childhood memories. I remember my friends and I would cut them up in two halves by making a zig-zag pattern before eating, comparing whose looks neater and more beautiful. Haha! Just a simple thing like eating an apple was an experience on its own.
I enjoy the juiciness and the slightly sour taste that comes from green apples. This time, I thought of using them in muffins instead of trying out the good old apple pie.
I’ve paired the apples with cinnamon in this recipe. You can also add vanilla bean paste if you like. I usually prefer to use fresh cream instead of oil. I fell short of it, so I used refined oil in this recipe. ¾ cup of oil or fresh cream will also work. This batter is good enough for 1/2kg cake.
I have a standard basic cake recipe that works for me all the time. Click here for other cakes I’ve tried out using my basic cake recipe.
This is what you’ll need:-
Cinnamon Spiced Green Apple Muffins
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup refined Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A Pinch of baking soda Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup unflavored oil
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- *Milk – as per desired consistency
- 1 cup diced green apple
1. Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Alongside, add all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Combine well.
3. Pour the oil and fresh cream in the dry cake mix. Whisk and add milk little by little to get a thick pouring consistency. I used ½ a cup of milk for this recipe.
4. Next, add the apples in the cake batter and fold gently. The batter should be able to coat the apples.
5. Place the paper cups in the muffin tray and pour the batter equally. You can avoid using paper cups if not available. Grease the tray if it’s not non-stick.
6. Place the muffin tray in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
7. Check with a toothpick. It should come out clean. Place them for another 5 minutes if required.
8. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes or so and they’re ready to be pounced upon. :p
Happy Baking 🙂