Think of noodles and you instantly associate it with comfort, right? Well, at least a food lover will definitely agree with me. 😀
Best part about a stir-fry noodle recipe is that it doesn’t require any fixed ingredients. You’re free to use any fresh vegetables sitting in your fridge or of course whatever your taste buds are calling out for. Same can be done with my recipe below. Adjust the quantities as per your liking and create your own version of this versatile dish.
This is what you’ll need:-
VEGETABLE STIR-FRY NOODLES IN HOISIN SAUCE
- 1 packet (200 g) Hakka Noodles
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion finely sliced
- 2 spring onion bulbs finely sliced (leave the greens for garnish)
- 1 tbsp ginger juliennes
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot cut in julienne
- ¼ green capsicum finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups button mushrooms finely sliced
- 4-5 blanched broccoli florets (add a tsp of water and place in the microwave for 1 minute)
- A handful of spinach
- Hoisin Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Schezwan Sauce – 1 tsp
- White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil here)
- 1 cup water from the boiled noodles
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
To Boil the Noodles
1. Boil water in a vessel. Add 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp oil.
2. Add in your noodles and give it a stir after 1 minute. Keep the flame on medium-low. Check after 5-6 minutes. Take a strand and give it a taste to see if it has a bite to it. It should not get too soft, otherwise the noodles tend to become mushy after draining out the water.
3. Save 1 cup of the starchy noodle water for cooking and drain the rest. Place the noodles under running water to prevent them from cooking any further. Keep aside.
1. Place the wok on a high flame and heat 2 tbsp oil.
2. Add garlic, ginger and green chilli. Saute until they begin to brown.
3. Add spring onions and red onions. Saute well.
4. Next, add in your carrots. You can also add in mushrooms at this point. In this recipe, I cooked them separately and added them in the end.
5. Add all your sauces now – hoisin sauce, soya sauce, schezwan sauce and vinegar along with the noodle water which we had kept aside, freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste. Mix well.
6. Add bell peppers and noodles. Toss until well combined.
7. Add broccoli, spinach and cooked mushrooms (I sautéed them in 1tsp oil till they released their moisture and seasoned them with salt. Don’t dry them out).
8. Garnish with spring onion greens.