We as human beings, are bound to make mistakes at some point or the other in our lives. Most important thing is to accept those mistakes, learn from them and try not to repeat them again in future. I guess that’s how one moves on in life and grows into being a better person. I remember my initial days in the kitchen. There are numerous kitchen disasters I have had from them till now. During that course of time I have learned so much and in fact still learning.
Coming to my recipe, I have used store bought green chili sauce. It is very simple to prepare it at home too if you like. All you have to do is blend green chilies, onion and garlic in a mixer grinder. Heat oil in a wok and add the green chili paste; let it cook for 15 minutes on a medium-low flame. Add 1/2 tsp sugar and vinegar and salt to taste. Check the consistency. Turn off the flame when cooked. Use veggies according to your liking. This curry is spicy and tangy because of the lemon juice. Overall, it is light on the palate and tastes best with mildly flavored rice.
MUSHROOM AND BABY CORN IN GREEN CHILLI SAUCE
- 5-6 sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- 3-4 pieces baby corn
- 2 red (cayenne) pepper
- 4-5 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 6-7 zucchini slices (optional)
- ½ cup green chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp cornflour
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Juice of a half lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok and add asafoetida. Next, add garlic, green chilli and ginger. Saute on a medium flame until it releases its flavor. Next, add onions and saute until translucent.
2. Next add zucchini, cayenne pepper and baby corn. Saute for 2 minutes and add green chilli sauce.
3. Add a cup of water to the wok. Next add mushrooms. Let it cook on a high flame.
4. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. While the vegetables are getting cooked, in a separate bowl add cornflour and 2 tbsp water; form a paste and add it to the wok and stir immediately to avoid lumps.
6. Add lemon juice and tomato ketchup. Stir and give it a taste. Adjust the taste accordingly.
There you go! This recipe does not take much of your time. Enjoy it with your favorite stir-fried rice. We chose to have it with Broccoli Rice this time.
Happy Cooking 🙂