During my trip to Australia, I noticed people over there ate Banana Bread quite often; especially for breakfast. I personally didn’t like the taste of it though. My elder sister is really fond of banana bread. She tried to bake it at home and it turned out pretty well. I thought I could share her recipe with you all. You can take an idea from my recipe here for pictures as I don’t have them for this one in particular. Everybody really enjoyed it back home. Hope you all like it too. 🙂
This is what you will need:
- Dry Ingredients
- Plain flour- 1 cup
- Baking Powder- 1tsp
- Baking Soda- ¼ tsp Wet Ingredients
- Fresh Cream – 1 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- 1 cup
- Overripe Banana- 1
- Vanilla Extract- 1-2 drops
1. Prepare the baking tin- Line with oil and dust with flour and keep aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients.
4. Beat the condensed milk, vanilla extract and banana until fluffy and smooth.
5. Fold in the cream.
6. Add the prepared wet mix to the dry ingredients.
7. Fold well the two mixes and taste, if it needs more sweetening you can add more condensed milk.
8. Pour the whole mixture into the baking mould.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade (Time may vary a little). Check with a toothpick. It should come out clean.
10. Let it cool and slice it.
Eat fresh or store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator and eat your way with Nutella, butter, toasted or just plain.
Happy Baking 🙂