Sweet. Crunchy. Chocolatey. Orangey.. All these things packed in one Chocolate Bar and that too easily made at home with very simple ingredients. Roasted Oatmeal gives it the required crunchiness in every bite combined with the slight sweetness of condensed milk. It is definitely an interesting plus healthy sweet delight!
As known to all, oatmeal is very well known for its many beneficial factors like it helps lower cholesterol, encourages slow digestion, gluten-free etc. I have used orange flavor cooking chocolate over here for this recipe. Feel free to create your own variations by shaping them differently or using a different flavor cooking chocolate.
Ingredients (Makes 10 chocolate bars)
2 cups oats
¾ cup condensed milk
200 gm cooking chocolate (I have use orange flavor here)
50 gm (roughly) dark chocolate
2 tbsp fresh cream
- Dry roast oats in a pan on a low flame for about 5-7 minutes. You will get the aroma of popcorn when they are done.
- Blitz in a mixer grinder and form it into a coarse powder.
- Melt dark chocolate for 30 seconds in a microwave. Add roasted oats powder, milkmaid and fresh cream. Combine well to form a dough. You will have to use your hands for this step. It will be a little sticky at this point.
- Place a cling film on the mould (I have used an ice tray here) and evenly spread the oats mixture. Cover it up and let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Melt cooking chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Give it a mix and microwave for another 20- 30 seconds if required.
- Remove the sticks from the tray and dip them one by one into the melted chocolate coating them evenly with the help of a spoon and a fork (it helps get rid of the excess chocolate).
- It looks a little messy here, but it will come out perfect once they’re set. Place it in the refrigerator for another 15-20 minutes and you’re done.
Now, ain’t that tempting?