The latest match between Brazil and Germany couldn’t get more interesting. With Germany entering the finals, fans around the world are all geared up to see a crushing victory again. Alongside all this built up excitement amongst enthusiastic fans, finger foods are a must while watching a match.
What better way to enjoy a match, while eating something hearty and comforting like a hot dog maybe?
Need I say more? I think I shall let the pictures talk for themselves. 😉 It is really easy to make and requires less amount of time to prepare. If you’re a true glutton like me this recipe is for you. 🙂
This is what you will need:-
VEGETARIAN HOT DOGS SMOTHERED IN CHEESE AND BAKED BEANS SAUCE
- 4 hot dog buns
- 200 gm scrambled cottage cheese
- 1 large mashed boiled potato
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 green chili
- 2 finely chopped onions
- A few sprigs of coriander
- 1 can of Baked Beans
- Grated Cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
For the Sauce
1. Heat butter and oil in a pan.
2. Add green chili, onions and sauté.
3. Add in your canned baked beans and cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
For the patties
1. Combine potato, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, salt and red chili powder and mix well. Form into desired shapes and cook in a non-stick pan until golden brown and crisp. It didn’t come out as perfect as I thought it would, but it tasted just fine so no worries there. ( I should have added more bread crumbs. I have corrected the quantity here though)
2. Make a slit in the bun. Spread baked beans, patties, cheese and anymore ingredient of your choice. Place it in a pre-heated oven at 200 degree centigrade for five minutes or until cheese melts.
And there you go… Dig into it and all you’ll be able to hear is NOM NOM…! 😉
Happy Snacking! 🙂