Ever gotten high on Chocolate? I sure have 😉
Want to experience what heaven feels like?
Try making this soft and spongy chocolate cake with Ice-cream and Oreo Biscuits — You’ll know what I’m talking about. This dessert plate will definitely take you to cloud 9.
Baking a cake can be a really daunting thought for a newbie. It sure was for me. I always took help from my sister until one fine day, I finally decided to bake one all by myself. Thankfully, all went well and since then it has just been a cakewalk for me 😉 . Once you understand the basic recipe of the cake, you will be able to experiment with different cake flavors very easily. Everybody has their own personal recipe for their cakes. I took the basic cake recipe from my elder sister and keep making changes accordingly. Hope you all enjoy this version of mine. You can increase the quantity of sugar if you like. I prefer to keep it less.
This is what you will need:
1 cup plain flour
¾ cup icing sugar
¾ cup fresh cooking cream
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup milk
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch soda bicarbonate
Additional: Oreo biscuits and Chocolate Ice-cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Grease the baking tray and keep aside.
- In a bowl sift plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl whisk sugar and fresh cream together until it turns light and creamy. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Next, add in the milk and flour mixture. Combine well. Add more milk if required.
- Pour batter into your greased baking tray.
- Place it into the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes (time may vary a little). Insert a toothpick and check, it should come out clean.
I slit the cake into two halves and let it cool for a bit. Then I spread chocolate chip ice-cream and added crushed Oreo biscuits; poured melted chocolate over it; placed it in the freezer for 10 minutes and just devoured! :p