Who loves Ferrero Rocher Chocolates? I do..I do!! Well, how about in the form of muffins? From the moment I added hazelnuts to my chocolate muffin batter, all I could think of was… yes, you’re right…the lovely Ferrero Rocher chocolates! They definitely taste like it!!
Hazelnut is my favorite form of nuts mainly because of its intense flavor. They are rich in protein, unsaturated fat, contain a considerable amount of thiamine and Vitamin B6, thereby, making them very nutritious and healthy to consume. If you love the hazelnut chocolate combination, I am sure you will enjoy these spongy chocolatey muffins!!
This is what you will need:-
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT MUFFINS
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda (Soda Bicarbonate)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup refined oil
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup ground hazelnuts
- ½ cup milk For the frosting
- 80 gm fine dark chocolate
- 100 gm hazelnuts
- 3 tsp powdered sugar (can be adjusted)
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp oil,
- 1 tbsp fresh cream (Combine well in a mixer grinder to form a rough paste)
Step-I Roast and Peel hazelnuts
1. Roast at 180 degree centigrade for 10 minutes giving it a toss at regular intervals.
2. Let them sit for 5 minutes. Place them in a damp muslin cloth and give them a rub.
Step-II Baking Muffins
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Grease the muffin tray and keep aside.
2. In a bowl sift refined flour, baking powder , baking soda (use all-purpose flour if available in place of these three ingredients) and cocoa powder.
3. In another bowl whisk sugar and refined oil together until it turns light and creamy. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Next, add in the milk and flour mixture. Combine well.
5. Add in your ground hazelnuts and mix.
6. Take spoonfuls of batter and pour it in your muffin tray. Only fill 3/4th of the moulds, giving it enough space to rise.
7. Place it into the pre-heated oven for 20-25minutes (time may vary a little). Set them sit for a while.
8. I had a little leftover batter (roughly 2tbsp) and made a mug cake. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds on medium and yum!!! It is ready to eat.
Step- III For the frosting
1. Melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Give it a mix. Place in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
2. Combine well with hazelnut paste. Add a little hot milk depending on the required consistency.
3. Top the frosting on the muffins with the help of a piping bag and bite into the chocolatey hazelnut goodness!!
Happy Baking! 🙂