We all know how well sweet and sour flavors complement each other. Right? This recipe here, is another yummy example of the heavenly sweet and sour combination. This salad is very light on the palate and a great muncher. The Sweet Onion Dressing is more like a thick sauce, well-coated in potatoes and pasta. To be honest, I was attempting to make a normal liquid dressing. It didn’t quite turn out like that though. I think I still need to figure out how to make the actual dressing. Anyhow, this one turned out pretty great for now. The ingredients here blend really well with one another, in turn bringing out a lovely dish to savor or devour rather.😉
This is what you will need :-
8-9 Baby Potatoes
1 cup Raw Pasta (I have used Fusilli here)
2-3 cloves garlic
2 medium-sized red onions made into a paste (Use mixer grinder or grater)
1 de-seeded cayenne pepper
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Juice of half a lemon
Coriander Leaves (Herbs of your choice)
Salt to taste
- Wash the baby potatoes and poke them with a fork. Microwave for 5 minutes on high and set aside. Peel after a while, as it will cool down a little by then.
- Add pasta to boiling water and a dash of salt. Cook al dente.
To prepare the dressing:-
- Heat a tsp of olive oil in a pan. Add butter, finely chopped garlic and sauté.
- Next, add in your cayenne pepper and onion paste.
- Add ½ tsp salt, sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Sauté on a medium flame until translucent. A little sweetness comes naturally from the onions.
- Add juice of half a lemon and mix.
Turn off the flame; add pasta and potatoes. Sprinkle chopped coriander and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper and give it a toss.
Serve warm. Happy Eating