I believe this recipe is a healthy to eat version of a typical cheesecake, as it has no cream. It contains high amount of protein coming from cottage cheese. I had an enjoyable time making it and also, looking at the joy it brought on everybody’s face at home was delightful!! 🙂
This is what you will need :
2 cups chocolate cookie crumble
2 tbsp softened butter (place it in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it soft if required)
2 cups cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
For chocolate sauce (Quantity can be adjusted as per the desired consistency)
2 tsp butter
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp powdered sugar
¼ cup water
Combine all the four ingredients in a non-stick pan and bring it to a slight boil while stirring (to avoid burning)
- Add butter to the cookie crumble and mix well. You might have to use your hands for that. Now flatten the cookie mix evenly into your baking tin and put it in your refrigerator. I have used a bottom-less tin over here, as it is easy to unmould at a later stage.
- Add sugar to the cream cheese and give it a mix to form a smooth paste.
You will notice the difference in the texture of the paste before and after adding the sugar.
- Add cocoa powder and combine well.
- Take out your baking tin and spread the mixture evenly.
- Leave it in your refrigerator to chill for about 1-2 hours. Depending upon the time you have. The more the better.
Unmould and drizzle chocolate sauce over it.
Take a bite and experience the smooth chocolaty burst in your mouth!! MMMMM :p!!
Tastes BEST when CHILLED !