Rajma is a North Indian dish; consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy, prepared with various spices, onions, green chilies ginger, garlic, etc. and it is mostly eaten with rice. You can replace Rajma curry with boiled red kidney beans (wash them properly and soak in water for about an hour and pressure cook them with a little salt). There was some leftover Rajma from lunch, so I came up with these cutlets just for a change of taste. Turns out, these beautiful, easy to make cutlets were very light on the palate and at the same time quite filling as well.
This is what you will need:-
RAJMA (RED KIDNEY BEANS) CUTLETS
- 2 cups roughly mashed Rajma (make sure there is not too much gravy)
- 1 medium sized red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped spinach
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp hung curd
- 5 slices of bread (crumbs)
- Salt to taste
1. Combine all of the above ingredients. Add bread crumbs in the end depending upon the texture of your mixture.
2. Take a little oil in your hands and make round patties.
3. Drizzle oil (can be avoided) in a hot non-stick pan and place the patties.Turn them after a desired brown crust forms on one side. (Do this carefully, as they are very delicate and may ruin the shape)
- Serve them with your favorite dip. We had it with tomato onion chutney.